So I have to apologize in advance for the amount of weight you’re going to gain just by looking at a picture of these brownies. I also apologize for the amount of weight you’re going to gain when you eat the entire batch, because they’re JUST THAT GOOD. I found this recipe on Pinterest (which I am newly obsessed with because I love staring at pictures of food while starving at work).
One look at these brownies and I knew I had to make them. They’re called slutty brownies because they’re really easy and you feel kind of dirty after eating them, but they are probably the greatest food invention I have ever heard of. They are perfect for this weekend’s Super Bowl party, because after a few beers you really won’t care how decadent they are and you’ll probably get REALLY hungry watching the Giants beat the Pats into oblivion. Yeah…I said it!
What you need:
- 1 package cookie dough mix
- 1 package fudge brownie mix
- One package Double Stuf Oreos (you can use regular Oreos, but why would you want to?)
Here’s how I made them:
- Take one package of cookie dough mix (I don’t recommend the one I used because in Ina’s attempt to make a fancy cookie dough mix, she also made it extremely difficult to put the ingredients together and it cost me $9.00). Follow the ingredients to make the dough. Add a bit more oil and water than recommended because they’ll be baking for longer than usual. Use about a teaspoon more of each.
- Take one package of your favorite brownie mix and follow the instructions to make the batter.
Once you have both batters made:
- Preheat your oven to °350.
- Line the bottom of a baking pan with some parchment paper, and pour/spread the cookie dough batter all over the bottom.
- Next, grab your Double Stuf Oreos and line them on top of the cookie dough.
- Lastly, pour the brownie batter on top of the Oreos.
- Finally, stick the pan in the oven for about 30-45 minutes (depending on how well your oven works; mine took about 45 minutes) until you stick a knife in the middle and it comes out pretty clean. It’s okay to leave the brownies a little raw because it makes the whole thing that much gooey-er.
Cut the brownies into squares, and prepare yourself for the amazing-ness that is this creation. After all, it’s okay to have things in moderation.
P.S. This is a great Valentine’s day (or Valiumtime’s day as my roommate calls it) recipe because your significant other will fall even more in love with you after trying these. And if you’re alone, you can drown your sorrows in a batch of these while watching The Notebook, Love Actually, or some other sappy rom-com and crying. Which is what I’ll be doing. Enjoy!