The Top Ten Sexiest Jobs of Our Generation: Male & Female
Times have changed. While we grew up in the era of doctors, lawyers, and bankers, our generation is certain to have different credible occupations which shape, define, and attract us. At Current Ground, we wanted to put thought towards what these positions are, and why they fit in the contemporary occupational landscape that is upon us.
When going about this, we wanted to aggregate the professions that we are most drawn towards as people of the opposite sex. We wanted the jobs that incite more of a response than “Oh, that’s interesting,” when asked what one does for a living. We wanted the ones that compel thought, attention, and attraction. We wanted the sexiest jobs. Here goes.
*Keep in mind that this was written from the male perspective. So be on the look for short-sightedness, and feel free to disagree. All jobs below could easily be seen as sexy for both men and women.
TOP MALE OCCUPATIONS
1) Entrepreneur – “I run my own business.” “I started my own company.” “I have my own shop.” The semantics are irrelevant; entrepreneurs possess passion and self-confidence, as well as a willingness to take risks. By nature, they become self-assured marketers and present themselves with ease and conviction.
2) Chef – Could be my background in hospitality, but it’s tough to argue against this one. Not only does the culinary craft appeal to the artistic side, but a chef is a confident leader with taste, respect, and a proficiency with knives. Sensitive, yet masculine. What woman could meet a chef and not be beaconed to inquire further.
3) Architect – Women are drawn to the story of “I made this with my own hands.” Similar to chefs, they are a fusion of creativity and composition, whether it’s a sampling plate or a skyscraper. Further, the profession rewards those who are unique, driven, and gifted, which are often also the traits that catch the attention of the opposite sex.
4) Plastic Surgeon – It sounds shallow, but plastic surgeons have emerged as our generation’s replacement of M*A*S*H. Look at Nip/Tuck. We are ever-driven by superficial means, and plastic surgeons are the draftsmen of this movement. They combine the traditional, “Oh, he’s a doctor,” appeal with a sense of fashion and beauty.
5) Disc Jockey – Going out on a limb, yes, but let me tell you why. Idols like John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, and Bob Dylan built their acclaim with stringed instruments and strong lyrics. Then came the digital music revolution. Synthesized audio is positioned to realize the future of music, and DJ’s will be the purveyor of this future.
TOP FEMALE OCCUPATIONS
1) Journalist: Think of Vince Chase’s new fiancé from Entourage (to our left). The glasses, the Nikon, the messenger bag—it’s sophisticated yet inviting. She’s intelligent, she has a distinct voice, and she’s probably been all over the world. Journalists are naturally sharp and well spoken—must be from all the questions they ask.
2) Teach for America: This one could really go for both sexes, but we’ll put it here for sake of the list. Not only are these our nation’s brightest and most promising leaders, but they’re giving back to the community. You know they’re smart, sexy, and compassionate. They’ve got a bright future, and you may want a piece of it.
3) Photographer: Even the most simple minded of men can find the desire within them for an artistic girl. Someone who can see more to movies than the explosions and the low cut blouses. Photographers envision life at it’s most honest and pure states, all while oozing confidence and profundity.
4) Fashion Design: “I work in fashion design.” These are five words every guy loves to hear. Not only are they most likely to be the best-dressed girls you’ll find, but they’re pioneering a field that has really come into its own. As confident as we all are with our style, it’s nice confirmation when one of these girls comes up to speak with us. It lets us know we pulled the right clothes out of the closet.
5) Social Media: What would this site be without mentioning social media. If there’s one defining aspect of our generation, this is it. That in itself is sexy. Social media can mean so many things these days, whether its Google, Facebook, or something totally unique. You know the girl is going to be hot, and intelligent.
With each of these lists, it’s important to note that many of these jobs could be equally as attractive regardless of the person’s gender (a female chef could be as dreamy as a male journalist). Either way, we hope this can provide context and color to your future career choices.